Friday, February 24, 2006

 

Surf's Up!

To the tune of "If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out" (thanks Louise!):

"If you want to go work, go work;
If you want to go surf, go surf;
'Cause there's a million ways to smurf;
You know that there are."

I was in the water at Asilomar by a little after 9 this morning; only stayed a little
while there. While the waves were nice, it was just too much work for little 'ol me
to get into position, so after a couple ok rides, I headed in around 10.

Stopped by the aforementioned Drive-Thru Starbucks for a regular coffee and a bran muffin, then headed over to Tioga where I saw a couple guys being towed into 2-3 foot waves. Very funny. Surfed there for about an hour and a half, got even more tired but still couldn't drag myself away from the water (it's been so beautifully crystal clear the last few days) so I got out and drove over to Del Monte, where the paddle out is insanely easy, but of course the waves aren't as nice. Surfed there for another 90 minutes or so, was visited by 3-4 dolphins for a little while before they headed on towards the wharf. Managed to hit my head on the bottom at one point, fortunately the cold water kept down the swelling ;)

All in all, another great day for surfing in Monterey!

btw, for those who haven't seen it, here-in I include my deeply incisive commentary
on the movie "What the bleep do we know?":

Chiropractors who think they're physicists


Really, if you read the title, there isn't much more I can say, other than that I will never get back the time I wasted watching this pseudo-intellectual infomercial for what's her name's lame-ass church of "I know better than you."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?